Water doesn’t get enough credit. Here’s what staying hydrated does:
- Maximizes physical performance
- Increases energy levels and brain function
- Assists in efficient digestion
- Helps you lose fat (by increasing and satiating appetite)
- Flushes out toxins
- Facilitates every metabolic process.
Some of these blur together, but the main point is without water the body and brain cannot function optimally.
Here’s how to make sure you are hydrating properly.
- Drink 16-32oz immediately upon wakeup.
- If you have a hard time drinking enough water, carry around a gallon jug with time stamps on the side. Try to get halfway by noon, and finish by evening. (Yes, you’ll be urinating all day. Worth it.)
I aim for 1.5-2 gallons per day. (I’m also 250 and train 2 hours per day)