Sleep is the most underrated habit in western culture, especially among go-getters in their 20s and 30s. That’s why it’s my #1 habit here.
Here’s what a lack of sleep gets you:
- Increased cortisol (heart attack, cancer, stroke, early death)
- Decreased decision-making abilities
- Increased anxiety
- Decreased recovery from intense strength training
- Lacking sleep will rob you anywhere from 5-35 percent of your performance. It can literally keep your startup, career, or venture from doing well.
Here’s what to do:
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. (Even weekends)
- Make your health (and sleep) your number one priority. Without it, all other priorities are moot.